Blue Daisy Blog
Blue Daisy blog written by Nicki Jackson - for news, views, garden design, gardening and plant observations and thoughts.
How to care for your lawn in hot dry weather
Lawns generally are able to withstand periods of drought, however, some tips on what you can to do help your lawn are:
- Lift the cutting blades on the mower, this helps encourage deeper roots and reduces evaporation from the surface - this helps to keep its lush green appearance for longer
- Don't apply fertilser or other chemicals as this could put the lawn under stress
- Water the lawn when the heat of the sun has past, preferably in the evening this allows the lawn all evening to soak it up
- When water is available again light pricking with a fork will help water penetrate the surface
- Feed and treat your lawns well at other times of the year so that it is more resiliant to stressful conditions during the summer
If you live in Coventry and your lawn needs some tender loving care contact Blue Daisy here!
Nicki Jackson is Blue Daisy's garden designer & owner. A former HR consultant Nicki still finds the time to run Blue Daisy, design gardens and planting plans, write a blog, keep our gardening clients happy and offer IIP advice and outplacement support through Blue Daisy Consultancy.